Old 01-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Homemother

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I just put the borders on a quilt that is/was "outside my comfort zone." Not because it was difficult but because of all the colors in it. The pattern is Basket from a book called Scrap Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett.

I want to thank all of you who helped me figure out a way that it would look good to me. Scrappy just seems to be really hard for my brain to accept. But the final quilt is beautiful and I love it. It will be awhile before I try another scrappy though.... I will go back to something more comfortable, like a Bargello.

Here is how it looks now.

Dina
Way to go, Dina!!! This such a fun quilt. Color choices are really hard for me, especially when there are a lot, and let me say, you ended up with a dazzling quilt! Love it!

I had to laugh when you said you would go with something more comfortable, like a bargello. It so happens, I know and understand that bargellos are fun and not too hard to do. Do you realize how many quilters have an intense fear of creating a bargello? So, I laughed and laughed when I read your comment.