View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
jimchase

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
This site has quite a bit of info

http://2spools.blogspot.com/

The first picture shows three machines of different ages - but they all look very similar on the outside. One thing to keep in mind, the very oldest will be Eldredge, however the very youngest can also be Eldredge (as mine is).

Some tidbits - this sight says all the machines have the same patent dates, early ones have a HXXXX serial number, mine is H61241. So if yours has a HXXXXX (five digit) number, it's not going to be from 1913, and if it's got a H5XXXX or later, it's one of the last made, in the 30's

I have a can for the oldest style, so I'm looking for a machine that it goes with. The most notable difference is that the slide plate does not "slide" but has a pivot point instead. So that's not too hard to look for in pictures.
I think I have what you are looking for...
I inherited an Eldredge Two Spool in excellent condition with serial number H9045. It is unique in that it is in a beautiful wooden case and has a swing around Hamilton Beach motor drive. It has some extras and it all works except it is missing the spool can (the older version). I was researching the history of the two spool when I came across this site. Would you be willing to sell your spool can or would you be interested purchasing the sewing machine? I will try to attach some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails img_5317.jpg   img_5329.jpg   img_5326.jpg   img_5321.jpg   img_5334.jpg  

img_5336.jpg   img_5337.jpg   img_5330.jpg