View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 05:34 AM
SueSew

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
After using your thread cutter, when starting your next seam preform a ( needle down, needle up) bringing your bobbin thread to the top. Hold both top & bottom threads together as you start to stitch. This will keep you from getting beginning nests.
I know what you mean, but the Janome cuts the threads quite short. In fact, with some poly thread I have found that a needle down might unthread the needle because it is so slippery - but that might also be I was not using proper spool holder...

I use leaders which solves the problem unless of course you are in the middle of the seam line! I also use the up-down-up with tweezers if I need both threads on top of the fabric.

For those who think it is better to cut with scissors...I am using an older machine now while Janome in shop, doing paper piecing, and I am a thready mess!!! I have to hook the threads into the upper manual thread-cutter, do the seam, than hook them over and cut on the thread cutter, then take the piece and nip off the four threads...no threads to cut at the end of every seam is worth the money IMHO! If anyone has a better idea about how to cut threads without a thread cutter, love to know!