Old 01-21-2015, 01:50 PM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
M-fay love the quote. Everyone is worried about their scraps. They all look wonderful That's what is great about scrappy. Ok I was a teen in the sixties in San Francisco,Cal. Remember the big hair and Cher type black eyeliner.LOL. I also had the med blue one piece gym suit like shown in the picture,except it also had elastic in the legs not just the waist. I had to embroider my name on the left chest pocket and also on the stupid white bobby socks. Also had to write my name on my white tennis shoes. Like someone is going to steel that ugly stuff.LOL It was awful to play ball and get sweaty then have to shower with 30 other girls and try to fix your hair out to there and put make-up back on for the next class. I remember when pantyhose finally were made. No more seams on the backs of stockings and no more garter belts. Now guys love them.They probably liked them back then too but they didn't have to wear them.This was before you could wear pants or long skirts to school.
Mary you hit it right on with the type of gym suit. Mine was like that too with elastic in the legs of the medium blue snap up suits. We had to have our names on them too. I thought that was funny. I was living in Chicago during those years.