View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 06:36 AM
shayarene

good Morning Everyone, just popped on to say hi and thank everyone for all the wonderful info. I have started to watch some of the videos mentioned above. You are right, novicequiltergrandma, I spend a lot of time watching videos and wondering when I will get to actually sew LOL I love sewing, it calms me and relaxes me somehow. But it sure takes a lot of time to get to the machine. LOL All the planning and cutting and pressing etc etc. Some days, I just want to go into my tiny little sewing room and sew all day long. LOL I am in there every weekend. :-) But for now, I am watching the videos and learning as much as I can. This weekend, I have to make my granddaughter a doll blanket out of the flannel scraps from her rag quilt that I am almost done making. LOL And trying to make a pair of curtains out of some frozen fabric for my DIL's friend. Sure do agree with Tim was it? that said you usually just use straight stitching anyway for quilting? But I wanted a machine that would also do zig zag in case I can get the hang of cutting out shapes and zigzagging them onto something for a mug rug for my daughter. For now, just going to take pieces of fabric and practice. :-) but watch, I will have a masterpiece quilt to post on here someday. LOLLOL Have a fantastic day everyone, Rachel