Thread: RV Quilting
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 04:11 PM
travelinggramma

AS you can see from my avatar - we have a large fifth wheel. We have been fulltimers since 2003. I took up quilting on the road and have made many quilts - queen size too! We have a large counter that fits my large cutting board and my small iron board. Cutting board is stored under the mattress along with the large rulers.
I keep my sewing machine up usually, since we don't eat at the table. Otherwise, it goes under the table which is over the wheels and I don't have any issues. I do make sure I bring in my BabyLoc a few times a year to certified establishments for a good cleaning and checking it out. I use it a lot and love it.
I have three quilts that need the binding hand sewn - but I leave these till when we are moving around. I use the activity buildings and there is always someone who sits and talks. I am even on block swaps - the boomerangs here on QB!! The park we are in now even has a sewing room set up!! Most campground laundry's have full size ironing boards and sometimes irons. Look around and ask if you need.
PM me if you have any questions. Organization is key in RV living - and that includes our hobbies~