Old 01-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Dolphyngyrl

I am going to be honest for me the thing I hate most about quilt shops is they appeal to retired people only offer most of their classes during the day during the week, closing early so if you work it is hard to get to the shop. I agree with a small shop not having much I may not come back. The shops I have loved and keep coming back are huge shops with lots of fabric, thread, and notions, patterns. Price sometimes won't matter to me, with the cost of shipping these day sometimes you are not saving by ordering online. I like places that have more evening classes available. Also closing later appeals to me I would rather have a shop that stays open until 6 or seven, but I live in an area with a lot of traffic so you also have that to consider. I know for a fact you will make more money if you sell machines, and do seminars and big events. I love those at my dealer, and also at my LQS who is also a dealer. Knowledgeable friendly staff is a must or I won't ever return, discounts when purchasing supplies for classes or sales are also nice.