Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by ann31039 View Post
It would be hard for me to say no.
I only left it because I wanted to see if it was what I thought it was. 1850 is dubious on account of the whole "sewing machines weren't particularly functional by then" thing. I'd been thinking closer to 1880s or so, but I'm having trouble finding information on it and very few pictures.
Originally Posted by NapaJohn View Post
I can hear its sad little whimper from being left all alone in that shop.

How could you?
I know! It's saying, " I had her! I know I had her! Why did she leave me?"

I was left alone (DH was off doing another errand for a bit) when I found her. My breath caught (which was especially uncomfortable with the cold I have right now!), my heart sped up and I immediately "forgot" about the other machine that I saw 2 weeks ago that I was going to spend too much money on if it was still there this afternoon.

When DH came to the shop, I showed it to him. I think he's a little stunned it stayed there.
That claw pedestal and that big wheel make my heart go pitter pat!

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
guess you know all the crank for that is. just a knob. Thats easy to make. It looks like it was very rusty, they did a wire brush job on it..

Oh ya block out the price !! If you have the money and we know you do or you wouldn't ask.

I'll send your money , Heck yes to get it !!!

There is a very easy way to get rust off metal, very machine shop use this method, I just did with two white VS's. It's called acid.
I saw that when I was looking for photos. Yes, the crank would be easy-ish, the bobbin winder less so...

There's no way that machine was decal-less, eh? It just doesn't look wire brushed for some reason.
I blocked out the price because I know there are some here who think that price shouldn't be discussed on the forum. I can pay for it - I shouldn't - but I can make an exception for this one.

I was thinking an Evaporust treatment... acid seems extreme at this point. Maybe not once I started to work on it...

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 01-24-2015 at 09:30 PM.