Old 01-25-2015, 08:04 AM
Jitterbug

I add these thoughts with the wonderful posts above to consider. There are many variables to why the batting seems thin,especially since you said the stitching,ect held up beautifully. Consider her methods of cleaning the quilt. The detergents alone can break down fibers,(and fade fabric colors) her temperature, her machine itself, the water itself. Well water with higher concentrations of specific minerals, city water with chemicals added.How often she washed the quilt in these factors. The same batting,the same way you quilt the others will do different at the other people's homes/habits that you make for them. As for the 5 UFO's counting for not doing any quilting in a year...it only counts if you've done something in some way as I have at times...take them out,move them around, think about it such as "I really need to quilt..blah,blah".Flipped them over to get to something else, Prop something else on the stack such as a book,magazines. LOL. If they only been stuck in closet not even thought about...then the answer is no, don't count.Ha!