View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 09:55 AM
DannyValentine

Default Update on Current Project(s)

I just wanted to give an update on my Pinwheel sampler. It started out as 16 blocks. Now I'm down to 6 more before the piecing is done. I got to looking at the fabrics verses the background and decided not to do the white sashing because it would make the blocks look washed out.
So I went to my local quilt shop and found a lovely coral red that will serve as both the sashing and inner border with a pretty 30's vintage border for the outside. We were pulling fabrics and the lady who owned the shop kept wanting to put crazy loud borders with it, but because of how special this quilt was, I wanted something more special to go with it.
This is the pattern I'm following and I promise to post pictures when the top is done. http://www.psiquilt.com/2010/01/pinw...ilt-along.html

PS. I finished my Marti Mitchell block for this month and have the next one cut for next month. All in all, I might have a few chores left over for the month but I've been very productive despite the insanity of my personal life.