Old 01-25-2015, 01:14 PM
works4me

QuiltE - Thank you for the encouragement and nudging . Yes, the pale sage Aida has a little bit of shimmer to it. It made stitching a bit more difficult but I think it was worth it. I chose the cross stitch pattern because it would bring the yellow/orange blocks into the quilt instead of them seeming to stand out. That and it was Poe and a Nevermore quote. How could I resist?

JanRN - Thank you. That cross stitch took a long time. I'm glad you've enjoyed the journey with me. I feel like I have not been alone even though I am the only one doing blocks at the moment.

Anael - Thank you. I'm happy that the centre turned out exactly how I planned/hoped. I didn't do the edging around the main stitching as on the pattern so I could have a centre exactly the same size as my blocks. So, of course, I had to test my sashing and cornerstones.

All the blocks are on my design wall in order. Well, in their current order. I've already changed a couple of blocks around. The yellow was screaming at me so I adjusted. Wonder how many more adjustments there will be. I think I'll finish the last two blocks before playing again as I'm sure those two blocks will make quite a difference.