Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 AM
ArchaicArcane

Thanks everyone! She's sure turning out to be an unusual machine. I found exactly 1 photo of the same machine online here: http://www.naehmaschinenmuseum.com/2.html just about half way down the page.

Can that be right? 1872? I can't currently read her serial number, it will need a little help before I can.

CostumeGirl - Is your Kijiji Machine on that page? There are many countries represented in links at the top of the page.

She's currently marinating in oil. The faceplate finally came off as well as various screws. I'm not going to soak anything overnight in Evaporust though, because we had some blackening on the bobbin case over a few hours when the neighbor came over and we got to chatting and I forgot about the parts in the evaporust.

Things are cleaning up nicely. DH said she's not so much rusty as bare metal. My hands sure are turning brown as I work though!

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
PM anytime for email to discuss "offline". or here.
I may have to take you up on that! Thanks! You sure managed to play this one close to your chest. I didn't realize how uncommon she was. Thanks for encouraging me to go get her.

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
She's fabulous! I'm so glad you went and got her. I didn't realize she tips back from the base. Very, very cool!
Yes! She caught me off guard at first too. Luckily, I always have a hand under them just in case something falls out, like the whole machine or the base from the machine!

I can see traces of the decals she once had. I don't know what I'll do about her finish - right now I just want to see her bright work become bright again and see her turn a stitch. It will take a while though, I've currently got less than a mm of wiggle room (somewhere around 1/32") - The top shaft and needle would move if the bottom wasn't frozen. I think the bottom is seized right where it exits the pillar. I worked some Tri-Flow in there and I'm seeing the oil bubble a little if I gently rock the wheel back and forth. This will be a lesson in patience. No sledge hammers. I promise.