View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by busybeequilter
Originally Posted by Shorebird
A couple more pics of the Beatrix Potter Baby (really twin coverlet size) quilt. I am just so pleased with the custom quilting done on this. Nadine Pike is really talented. Hope you enjoy these. There were a total of 20 embroidery designs (characters). Borders start with the green that is in sashing, then yellow, then pink, followed by blue binding. Gender of the new one is not known......we are really excited. Baby shower is next weekend, and is a surprise.
I absolutly love your quilt , The small quilting around the pictures is that a part of the embroidery pattern ? or was that what Nadine Pike did also. I made a quilt for my great granddaughter and the patterns were by stitchitize called mother goose and her goslings but in my hurry to give it to her I didn't take pictures. What or where did you get the designs for the beatrice potter designs. Carol in pa
THANKS...............started to respond, and must have hit a wrong button, so if this is a repeat, apologies......All of the stippling is from the LAQ, Nancine Pike. She took a pattern for a triangle of stippling and had it made into a frame for the embroideries.......The Beatrix Potter design pack is from Dakota Collectibles.......and the web site attached does have the collection of 20 designs.........

http://www.mrvacmrssew.com/Shop/cate...gns/index.html

Glad you liked it!