View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 08:53 AM
Lady Diana

Since you mentioned that it did this WITHOUT the foot control, IT IS NOT THE FOOT PEDAL. For those of you replacing your foot pedal, next time, be sure to take your machine in and try another foot pedal, or borrow one from a quilt buddy to see if it is your pedal. Another thing to try is, check the hole that the pedal plugs into. A friend of mine had this problem and it was lint in the hole. She cleaned it, wiped the cord push in thingy...with alcohol. Pushed it in and she didn't have anymore problems. Saved $100 that day. Back to Chefmama,...Unplug your machine, not just turn it off, let it sit for a day. Then plug in your machine and turn it on. Sometimes, there needs to be a reset.....since this is not your foot pedal and does it without the pedal plugged in. Then, take to the shop if it is still doing the ghost running.... When you go to the shop, take your cord plug. Ask them to check your cord plug first before spending $100 on a new pedal. There is always an off chance your machine cord has a short.(you could plug everything in and then turn on your machine, jiggle the machine cord...a short might be indicated) If your machine has a hard cover, mark the inside of the cover with a washable marker or pencil. Also put your name on your pedal and cord plug. I have had my cover and pedals exchanged with other customer's machines before.

Last edited by Lady Diana; 01-26-2015 at 08:57 AM.