View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 08:01 AM
Sneed

Your timing couldn't be better!! I have been drawing and making many practice squares to test, not only my abilities, but how my ideas might look once stitched. So far I've decided on pebbling for one area, McTavishing for another, ditch stitching on spikes, curved grid in another area and feathers on the outer border. I've questioned myself quite a lot as to the combining of so many different techniques. Your samples just answered my questions...if it fits and looks good...do it. I, however, do not have the stitching ability to do the contrasting threads as you have done so magnificently. All of my irregular stitch lengths and errors would really stand out like a great big "you need more practice before you can do that, dummy!!!" Again, looking at your work gives me such inspiration. I cannot thank you enough for your posting. Today I should begin on my quilt top. I think I've gotten the courage to go forward now. The person who said you should frame the squares had a good idea. Awhile back I had emailed a picture of one of my trials to a friend who said she wanted my sample for Christmas so she could make a pillow out of it. She was really tickled when she got it in the mail. Who would have thought?!?