Old 01-27-2015, 08:45 AM
SteveH
Banned

Flags at half staff.....
Black arm bands.....
Begin the playing of the dirge.....

Once again a seller decided that they know better than a collector how to package a cast iron sewing machine. I asked them NOT to use bubble wrap, but they decided that they knew what they were doing.

The box arrived without a single dent in it. It looked like it was carefully hand carried!
I was overjoyed!

Then I picked it up and heard the unmistakable sound of loose metal "clinking" around.
Heart sinks, fear begins to well up.

I open the box and sure enough, the jacka$$ had wrapped it twice in each direction with big bubble bubblewrap. The machine was able to move within the box so on one of it flying hand-offs at the post office it must have slammed into the side of the box HARD.

I did some cleaning, but I had to restrain myself, so do not contaminate the broken edges so that we have the best chance of forming a solid bond with the steel epoxy (JB weld)

It took a couple of glasses of wine to get me calm enough to be able to sleep.

This is such a beautiful and smooth machine.... I am hoping and praying that I will be able to make repairs that will be strong enough to allow it to be used..

so, without further delays, the Mystery machine 2 minutes after I removed the bubblewrap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507839[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20150126_173633.jpg