View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 05:04 AM
paoberle

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
And sell they do!! SO entered some contest and since then he has been put (it seems) on every charity list there is wanting money. He's been re-cycling a whole lot of trees
This is what I did/ do to get off unwanted mailing lists. If I receive a solicitation in the mail that contains a return envelope that does not require me to use a stamp, I circle my name and write "Delete my name from your records." I make sure to cross through any areas that need to be filled in. I then stuff as much of the sent material into the envelope and mail it back to them. I rarely get any more solicitations from the organization. For catalogs, I call or email the company to delete my name. I use the word delete rather than remove so they know I want to be out of their records completely. It has worked beautifully. It takes a little time at first, but within a few months you can cut down or eliminate most of your junk mail. I receive very little junk mail anymore. My only phone is my cellphone, so I screen calls. If I don't know the number calling, I don't answer. If it is a legitimate call, the caller will leave a voice mail.