Old 01-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Elisabrat

I laugh when you all call it.. the pillow case method. I call it flip a B.... yup not very fancy wording is it? Its pretty simple and easier for those who don't like to do or don't know how to do binding. Its as I have been told by a very experienced quilter.. cheating. I don't care either way what I receive but do think learning how to do your binding on a small piece sets you up for more success when your doing a larger piece such as a.. QUILT. binding is not hard to do Missouri star quilt company has great free tutorials on things like this. in fact their quilt tutorials are super easy for beginners to earn with. its camera right on the hands that really helps. I need to see it to get it so much of the time. if you go to pinterest in and type in tutorial for binding you will get so many hits on sites with instructions. worth your time to learn is all I am saying. No rules saying you CANT not bind but if you can you should try. plus I agree it makes a nicer finished look for your recipient. just a thought....

now onto sign ups! please take your time sending me a PM with your name, address, phone number and if you want green/cream white mug rug or if you don't mind or prefer even a St. Patricks Day themed mug rug and you too can participate in our fun swap. Tons of messages back and forth on the board, lively crew of players and you will enjoy this swap tremendously! so join today! come on in! if you your interested please join the fat quarter swap this month we are having two swaps. one for st. patricks day colors and one for ugly fabric you might just want to rehome! so tons of fun on the quilting board! there is a great mini wall hanging swap run by Tlambing that is also easy (mug rug size!) and a nice group of ladies are there also. jump on in! the water is warm!!!