Thread: Blue Sewmor
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 09:56 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Gray fox View Post
That was my thought when I bought it, that I could have the cord changed and use it that way, or put on a spoked wheel and crank it. An either-or machine, so to speak. The motor was sent off to a fellow in Oregon who has worked wonders on several other old motors of mine, and he said the parts inside were too fragile to risk wiring it again, and that it had been done rather clumsily the first time. As I know nothing about wiring, and have a healthy fear of electrocuting myself, it is what it is. A replacement motor on hand doesn't fit well either. She now sits on a wood base and has a bobbin cover. Lookin' good, if nothing else. I really should keep my eyes out for another and get a different motor, and forget about the crank.
Grey fox, There shouldn't be anything odd about the motor mounting. I've only seen one machine that didn't use the standard type of motor mount and that's a Japanese Necchi clone I have.
I was up till early this morning watching The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey so I'm still sort of numb in the head.

Later today I'll pull my Sewmor down and do some checking. I've had quite a bit of luck wiring motors so if you would like me to look it over we can discuss that via PMs or email.

Joe