View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 06:31 AM
Leann

Hello Ladies. I am encouraged by everyone's progress. Great attitudes, edifying chatter. I have been in Austin again all week; I hope to go back home tomorrow for the weekend. I am so exhausted, probably more from the mental struggle than anything. I do not know what to do. Josh has seen two different doctors and they say two different things, but the one we saw yesterday did tell us he would approve a referral to another doctor.

But while there, he talked to me about my knees and gave me the name of an orthopedist. He told me absolutely NO impacting exercise - bike & elliptical ok, walking not so much, maybe once a week just cuz I want. He said no twisting - get in/out of the car by sitting first, knees together and turn my legs together. He said my gait is off, which it always is when I have been sitting for more than 5 minutes. Lemme get my knees warmed up first. He also said to wear shoes with cushion, which I do 99% of the time.

I was surprised that he did not say anything about my weight. I told him that I'm trying to lose the 20# I've gained since my surgery - my Houston ortho said that for every pound lost, that is four pounds of stress off my knees.

Be safe & warm whereever you are.