View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM
Sneed

I have done both, and am currently quilting a deJong that I recently completed. Love them both and will have to say that the Niemeyer directions are probably easier to follow. In the pattern "Celtic Wave" that I did she recommended cutting everything and bagging the strips, etc before starting to sew. I did NOT do that and do not think it is wise to do so because every little bit..no matter how careful we are...can cause the arc to be just enough different that adjustment is necessary when putting it all together. My De Jong pattern that I am working on now is the "Simply Red" which is an older one of hers. I don't know whether she has improved in her instructions, but I did have to convert everything from the metric system, and then some of her instructions had to be really read and reread to understand and interpret. You can go to my gallery and see the two that I have done. One is a Niemeyer bedsize that did make it into the Paducah AQS Show in 2013 and the other is a de Jong wall hanging that I made several years ago. Again, I do not recommend cutting everything up before starting. Any error and the possibility of needing to recut...scares me half to death. What if you have no more fabric??