Thread: Artifil thread
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:07 PM
HouseDragon

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
I also agree with paper princess. If any dealer told me to ONLY use a specific brand/type of thread in my machine my confidence and trust in that dealer would immediately go by the way side. There are so many wonderful threads out there, not just for piecing but for machine quilting and thread painting and applique. there are glow in the dark threads, metallic threads, holographic threads, invisible threads, water soluble threads, and super fine threads that allow us to do wonderfully intricate detail work. then there are the fun threads intended only for bobbin work, like Superiors Razzle Dazzle and YLI's candlelight. Why would anyone limit themselves to only one brand/type of thread?? That is ridiculous and so self limiting. I say spread your wings and fly and experiment with different threads for both piecing and for quilting. You won't regret it and you will learn so much more about your machine and not be afraid to adjust tension on both top and bobbin. IMHO anyone who limits themselves to only one type of thread, well that is like eating the same exact food for every meal, every day. No thanks. As my mom always said, variety is the spice of life!
Oh for piecing, I currently use Aurifil 2ply 50wt in the top and bottom line 60wt polyester from Superior Threads in the bobbin. But I have heard wonderful things about the presencia so when I have used my current cone of Aurifil up I will spice up my life with some Presencia!
Amen!!!!!

I use Connecting Threads and Superior Threads; almost always with Superior's Bottom Line in the bobbin.