View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 PM
urgodschild2

Wow I guess I should read what the heck I write. LOL. I just copied the rules from the main site. Some people wanted to extend the group to 17 people. That way everyone would get 16 blocks made. But I have a hard time getting 12, so I thought I would leave it open to see how many we get.

NEW RULES:::::
You do send your blocks to me and then I send them out to everyone. We no longer are allowed to send to each individual like we use to in the past. I forgot why but it is cheaper to send all your blocks to me and I send back to you. We do make a block for each person. I will have to figure out how to correct that info above. If I cant correct it then it will be here. I will just be repeating myself.
You will pick out the pattern you want to use. You can go to Blocks galore or Quilter's Cache. I think those are the same sight. If you find a pattern somewhere else you must include it with your material. You can decide if you want your material to all be the same or if you want to pick the back ground and then tell everyone you want scrappy or blue prints or green prints or whatever. You do not need to keep in touch with anyone but me. Actually if you post on the site here that is fine. Many people post the fabric they have selected and the pattern so everyone sort of gets a heads up in advance. So as far as do we make 12 blocks or 16 blocks it depends on how many we get to sign up. We need an odd number because you do not have to make your own block unless you want too.

Does this help????
Now I will go and see if I can fix the above rules.

Barb

Drats, I can't redo the above. YES you do send your material to me for everyone. In otherwords, Say i selected a bumble bee fabric. I would cut the material into F8 18 X 22 . I would put them in plastic baggies or wrap them in saran wrap or what ever you want to use with the person's name on it. YOu put them in a Prority envelope....Cost $6.10 and mail them all to me. I then separate all of them into each person's pile. I then mail them back to you in the self addressed envelope that you include in with your fabric with the $6.10 in stamps on it or money to me. I mail them all out to all of you. When you finish making everyone's blocks, you repeat the process of mailing them back to me in a priority envelop with a return envelop included for yours to come back to you.
When I get all the people signed up I will send to everyone the name of those in the swap. You will only have a name. I will be the only one who has addresses and phone numbers.
I will want to have all your fabric to me by March 3rd. I will then mail the patterns and materials from the others to you and they should go out by March 5th. They must be returned by June 15th. Than means they should be mailed back no later then June 11th.
I hope this clarifies everything for everyone.

Last edited by urgodschild2; 01-29-2015 at 08:29 PM.