View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 06:41 AM
moonwork42029

TPr9258 & Celandine:

You do send your f8 (11 x 18) along with your pattern to the Hostess of the swap. You can either make copies of the pattern (so you make special notes if you wish) or post what pattern you wish to have used with your fabric. If you mail copies of the pattern with your f8 you will know beyond a doubt everyone will have the correct pattern. Be sure to put your board name on the pattern in case it becomes separated from your f8. You will also need to be clear in your desires for your fabric - such as "Please use my f8 in the "xyz" portion of the pattern and please use "white or white on white" or "use any fabric that matches the colors in my f8 and have fun"...

You will then be making a block for each f8 you receive from the hostess. They should also either have the pattern enclosed along with any special notes or have the pattern posted on this thread. I'd still suggest at least putting the web location on paper to send with if you are unable to print out patterns for everyone. If you are unclear as to their requests, it's better to ask because others may also have the same question.

I haven't participated in this swap but I have participated in several boomerang swaps and love the idea of everyone creating the same pattern for me. As our hostess urgodschild2 has stated in the rules and perhaps the most scary part is being sure your block measures 12 1/2" correctly. If in doubt, to me, leave it a little bit oversize and let the receiver trim it down...easier to trim...real hard to get them to grow .

Looking forward to this swap and having more fun. I just finished up my blocks for the Boomerang 14 April group if you wish to jump to that link and see what was made. That hostess has a link in her signature line that shows everyone's blocks so far.