Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Quilter 65

Default Celtic Knots, Medallion Center, Braids In Blue/Greens/Yellows/Aqua

We were given a challenge at the guild this year to make a quilt with a medallion center and then complete the rows to finish the quilt/wall hanging/ etc., with triangles, rectangles, applique, circles or curves. This is what I came up with. The center is from Quilter's Cache. Then I did the rest myself. Well, that can lead to problems with the math, turning things on point., etc., the knot pattern not fitting, etc. So after much head scratching, manipulation and other assorted techniques, this is the finished project. I decided the knot would work for the applique and circle part. I love these fabrics and colors. Have been experimenting with color placement, etc. Still a long way to go, but hopefully better at it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]508324[/ATTACH] On the design wall.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508325[/ATTACH] Close-up of my first attempt at a Celtic Knot pattern. Oh, and I made my own bias tape using two different fabrics to give a bit of interest with a Clover tape maker and used steam a seam II to hold edges. I have since found the Clover brand and hope it will go through the thingy better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508326[/ATTACH]How it looks on a bed. Wanted the applique to lay just inside the top edge before the fall. I wish I had planned the corners of the braid better so as to have more a mitered effect with all dark to the outside rather than blunting it off. I will know better next time, if there is one. Now off the long-armer for her to work her magic. Hope you enjoy my challenge quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 100_4856-small-.jpg   100_4857-small-.jpg   100_4860-small-.jpg