View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 09:43 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

If its the SAME make/model ...... it is the SAME machine, whether bought at a dealer or a discount store, a sewing/quilting expo, online or IRL.

The only way you can really know about your "on sale" for $1500 being the best price is to comparison shop! Likewise re pricing at shows. Sometimes they are show only prices, but sometimes they honour the same price in the dealership for the month of the show. One show in particular I know that the show price is the same price as what is at all of the dealer's with in the same region, even though they are not part of the show. Although, sometimes the show deals add in something extra ....

One thing to check is the inclusions ..... what feet? what additional items? servicing? extended warranties? etc. ... so that when you add them up for an "apples-to-apples" comparison, you know how they truly compare.

All too often, I have seen/heard people say what a great deal something was ...... but they did not get the same as the other person, and when you compared "equally" ... the more expensive one, really was a much better deal!!!!!!!

Another possibility for reduced pricing is floor models and/or show demo machines. Also, second hand machines. You need to know where you stand for warranty and whether any drop downs in that regard are acceptable to you ...... and of course, the inclusions in the deal.

When buying new ... some dealers will guarantee a full refund value of your machine if you upgrade within a limited time (for mine, it's a year). If you are tempted by the higher end machine, but feel you just can't warrant it (financially or that you would never need it), it's a nice carrot to have dangling just in case that later, you say, I wish I would have ..................!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-31-2015 at 09:50 PM.