Thread: Would you!?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 AM
Jeanne S

I have used the quilting services from someone online who I had never met, Happy crafters in a little town in Kansas. (Happycrafters.net) Their prices were very reasonable and even with shipping less than half of my Local LAQ. But, I tried them out first with a quilt top that wasn't a special gift quilt, just one that I made for me because I wanted to try the pattern and fabrics. Their work was acceptable to me---they have 20 or so repeating pantograph patterns to choose from. The result is not as striking as the custom, original work of my LAQ, but I feel I get what I pay for with both. I have since sent two more "non-special" quilts to them, and would use them again. I believe there have been other posts about them so you can search for them and look at their website.
I would also take a chance with one of the EBay services, but again I would try them out first with a "non-special" quilt first. Overall, I think we get what we pay for, and will continue to use my local LAQ for special wedding quilts, etc. that I want the original, custom quality I get from them.