Old 02-01-2015, 01:58 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Usually I walk miles and miles down there - this time I never made it out of our camp. There are some places you can get some really good food in there - but the best are invitation only. We run our own 'Grumpies Dutch Oven Bake Shop'. We bake scones in a Dutch oven over a wood fire and sell them to the public - with the wood in Florida it is a mean job. One year I tried to make coffee but it tasted like dish water. Then I found out DH was going to use that water for dish water... We have some running jokes... This year our son helped man the fires. I usually get the job of washing dishes. I think we made 7 batches on Friday and 7 batches in 3 hours on Saturday. That might be a record and after the toad choking rain we had the night before it was almost a miracle. The scones don't taste the same at home. We have little chalk board signs up that say "Eat at your own peril" and 'Advice 25 cents' and others but fortunately nobody reads the signs.

You might have an easier time if you search Floridafrontiersmen - they have a web page and you have to dig to find pictures unless they changed things. Yes CD you would fit right in there and you would have a blast.