Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
I found a photo of your setup (not sure which year) on the Florida Frontiersman website in the current “Visitor Information” section. It looks like a good setup. I still have a couple of my Dutch ovens but haven’t used them since back in the late 80s at Boy Scout Camp. I was the desert man for the troop, and made things like pineapple upside-down cake and cobblers in camp. The Scout Master, “Greasy” (nicknamed years earlier while working in a gas station during High School) cooked most of the food in large cast iron skillets. His nickname fit for a cook. I made my cobblers off to one side while he cooked. I was an Assistant Scout Master, nicknamed “Knotty”, because I taught knot tying and lashing. Most of the adults had a nickname of some sort, usually hung on us by the boys.

CD in Oklahoma
We have a lot of Boy Scouts that come in and learn, too. School days are on Thursday - the most fun is to be a tour guide - this year I let somebody else walk all over the place. DH got named Grumpy by my son on the way down one year - he fit the name - so when I made the sign I was fussing at him and he said I better make it plural rather than singular...