Old 02-02-2015, 12:39 PM
romille

Default What's your most favorite quick precut friendly lap quilt pattern? (non-fat quarter)

I am looking for a quick quilt pattern, something that I can throw together in a day or two. Thought I would poll you guys for ideas, since ya'll always have awesome input.

I just finished the class I needed to rent the long arm at a LQS, so I want to throw together a quick lap quilt using fabric I already have in order to practice before I do a "real" 100x100 quilt that I am working on. All of the quilts I have on "standby" would probably take a bit more time than I want to devote to this practice quilt.

Even though this is just practice, I still want to make something nice! Since I have some precuts that are just hanging around waiting for me to come up with a project for them... what is your favorite quick precut pattern? I am looking for things that use just one layer cake, or just one jelly roll, or maybe even a couple charm packs since I have some of those in pairs. I even have a couple 1/2yd bundles, but I don't have enough coordinated fat quarters to make anything worth putting on a quilting frame.

Most of the patterns I find require more than just one pack/roll, or require additional yardage. I am trying to limit the need for yardage to backing and binding.