View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:46 PM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
..dilemma. Rehome which one? Leaning toward keeping the 206 as it's less worn than the 306...
I have a similar problem with my early Singer zigzag machines. I had my beige 306 converted to treadle with a 9-spoke wheel on it. Then I came up with a light green 319 that has the cams in it that I use (multi-zigzag for mending/darning & regular zigzag for pocket and belt loop tacks), so I set it up for treadle using the 9-spoke wheel from the 306.

I’ve not ever done anything with my black 206, but since I have the other models, it seems like I should keep it just to have all three models (the collector in me). I have a second light green 319 still factory electric in a cabinet that I haven’t ever done anything with, so maybe I should think about re-homing it. Truth is, I’ve been eyeballing the black 319 machines and getting the urge to track down one of them. It would look good with my 9-spoke wheel on it in my treadle. Maybe I can find someone wanting to trade a black 319 for a light green 319?

To make matters worse, I’ve begun to develop an interest in the early Singer Industrial zigzag machines, and may have to find one of them to play with....

CD in Oklahoma