View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:26 PM
jclinganrey

Default February Scrappy Block Swap ShadowBox

FEBRUARY - Scrappy Block Swap – SHADOW BOX

Welcome to our swap!The main focus, as the name suggests, is scrappy blocks hopefully from our stash.There are a bazillion scrappy quilt block ideas available. I know! I counted them! Ha! We will be using amazing inspiration from the likes of Bonnie Hunter, QuiltersCache, Moda Bake Shop and many others.

This month we are making the SHADOW BOX quilt block in black & white/white & black prints measuring 8 ½” unfinished.

1 square 7 ½” back & white or white & black print (pink in diagram)

1 strip of solid black 1 ½” x 6 ½”

1 strip of solid black 1 ½” x 7 ½”

2 squares solid white 1 ½”

One set = 6 blocks. You may send as many as 6 sets. Your quilt blocks DO NOT have to be the same! In fact, make each block with different black/white and white/black prints. Please use 100% cotton, quiltshop quality fabric to make your quilt blocks. Please pay attention to the back of your quilt blocks; pressing, snipping extra threads, etc. Be sure your quilt blocks are squared up, trimmed and even.

Please PM me to sign up. Please provide:

QBscreen name

Real name

Number of sets you are making/sending

After I have received all of your information I will add you to the list of swappers. When you’re ready to mail your quilt blocks, please PM me and I will send you mailing information. BE SURE to include the USPS envelope WITH POSTAGE, filled out with your mailing information, in your package to me.

Set(s) of quilt blocks will be due by MARCH 30[SUP]TH[/SUP]2015.

** Please label each quilt block**

Mailing: please put all blocks in one large plastic baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package is damaged. Please use a USPS Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope (9 ½” x 12½”), buy $6.10 in POSTAGE, put postage on your return envelope and fill out your name/address etc. This will be your return envelope so be sure to put this in your package as well!

Please read basic swap rules here:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Attached Thumbnails shadow-box-quilt-block.jpg