View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 06:51 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
We are way behind in our "snow fall" for the year. Send some our way so we can get the winter over with.
Outside of the cold weather, I cannot remember a nicer winter. Streets are down to the asphalt, sidewalks are down to the concrete, I can hang the down blankie outside and let it get nice and fresh, and I can get from Point A to Point B (walking or driving) and back without going into a panic mode.

The one thing about us Minnesotans - we know our winter by our sports......come the first part of March we have high-school wrestling tournaments, and then we have boys and girls Hockeyh tournaments and then to cap off the month of March, Basketball tournaments - boys and girls - the whole state goes buggy during March. Mainly because when it is over, any snow that falls melts nice and fast and spring is almost here. But that month we have been known to have real dillies of storms. We just finished the Winter Carnival and Vulcan dethroned the Winter Carnival King, so why worry. Spring is a'comin'. We just take each day as we get it. NO, no one send us any snow. I don't want any. NO one wants any. I just want sunshine, a nice dry deck that I can sit in a rocker and rock away!!!!!!!

I don't complain about the winter - I may complain about the arthritis in my hands or the Raynaud's Phenomenon in my fingers, or my old back, but I don't complain about the winter. You would not believe what I got done this winter in the house. Now, I can look forward to Spring, and the flies, and the ants, and the dandelions and Creeping Charlie and Crab Grass. That too will pass, when Naturescape comes out and weeds and feeds my lawn. So, nothing to complain about. Enjoy what's left of the winter and plan for a fun Spring. I am building a park on the side of my house with flagstone and little stones and shady plants and a little park-y area with bird houses, a bird bath, wind chimes and no grass ( it doesn't grow there anyhow - so I figured make a park). That's my fun plans for the rest of this winter. Enjoy. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 02-03-2015 at 06:59 AM.