View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 07:37 AM
carol45

Default Need quilting advice

I'm making this log cabin quilt as a wedding present for my nephew. I've started to quilt it. The second photo shows part of a quilting design with 2 doves holding a ribbon with a wedding ring in the middle. I've quilted those designs on the 4 dark segments between the outermost light corner segments and the closed light middle segment--hope that's clear. Maybe I can make it clearer: there are 3 light segments: the center sort of plus sign, the middle light portion shaped something like a square on point, and the 4 light corner brackets. So the doves are quilted on the dark segments between the light middle square segment and the light corner brackets.
Now I need to figure out how to quilt the rest. It doesn't need to be heavily quilted. The batting allows 10" and I've already stitched in the ditch around the dark and light boundaries. What I'd like to do is add to the somewhat middle eastern flavor that I've tried to get in the quilt design/colors. My FMQ skills are not that good, but I try to keep pushing myself hoping they will improve.
Any suggestions? I always get such good ideas from this board.
Thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails log-cabin-1.jpg   log-cabin-2.jpg