View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 07:23 AM
svenskaflicka1

i started sewing as a kid, as so many others did. i used to make clothes for my daughters, when they were little. "sister" dresses were always on the machine for easter. later, my job took more and more time, so i sewed less and less, but did make my oldest daughter's wedding dress--without one spot of blood from my fingers, to my endless surprise! i've since sewed as necessary--mostly mending for the family, etc, but when my youngest was in her mid-teens, she and her friends developed a "new" interest--in the renaissance festival. i was conscripted by most of them to make a work outfit for them, because every one of them ended up working there, for at least a while. i ended up reviving my old interest in it, as well, and have sewn for myself, friends and family, and been a part of it for 20 years. now, i sew quilty things, mend for the family, again, and when the festival ramps up every year, i'll be found on the grounds, hanging out, being useful where i can, and enjoying my annual trip to my own "brigadoon". (i was known as the "sewing gran of renntopia", online, an honorary title for an imaginary kingdom.)

Last edited by svenskaflicka1; 02-04-2015 at 07:39 AM.