Old 02-04-2015, 07:31 PM
DogHouseMom

Hellllooooooooooo!!!!!

I'm baaaack!!

And I have FINALLY, officially started my DJ on January 1, 2015!! Woot woot!!

As a reminder ... I'll be doing all of the blocks and setting them with a center medallion and "radiants" to each corner and edge, and a single border - then the triangles. In between the "radiants" is lots of negative space for some very clever long armer to go to town on. It will finish a large King. I've chosen the "Peppered Cottons" which are shot cottons by Pepper Cory from StudioE. I originally had Kaffe Fassets shot cottons, but I found the shots from StudioE locally (which meant I could see the colors next to each other as opposed to ordering online), and I like the quality of StudioE line better than the line from Kaffe. My color way is a basic beige for the background of all the blocks, the sashing and the negative space, and then three gradient colors for blocks in "saffron", "Persimmon" and "Rust" with a touch of light green here and there on some of the blocks. The colors will be grouped together in a sense, and the placement of each block and the color for each block was chosen carefully. I spent close to a year planning and mapping it all out in DJ software.

My method is that I lopped of a chunk of the beige, a chunk of saffron and a chunk of green and I'll work through these colors, the order of blocks that I make is predicated upon which color the block uses, starting with A1.

My design wall is otherwise occupied and given that these blocks are going to take a LONG time to finish, I wanted them "stable". So I opted to baste each block to paper and keep it in my book with a printed copy of the block and notes on the block (finish date, method used and # of pieces). A complete history.

Without further ado ... I give you A1, A4, A6, A8 & A12 (at the rate of 5 per month I should finish piecing in about 4 years).
Attached Thumbnails a1-01-01-2015.jpg   a4-01-03-2015.jpg   a6-01-03-2015.jpg   a8-01-18-2015.jpg   a12-01-25-2015.jpg