Old 02-05-2015, 03:56 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
I picked up a simple prescription and they gave me a blood thinner, lucky I caught it, they apolizied but I changed pharmacy, One time Picked up a liquid for my baby and the dosage wasn't what they Dr had told me ,I called the Dr. and he said that amount would have killed her, all I got from the pharmacist was a simple oops, I"m sorry, You have to be dilligent. Another thing is that print on the bottle is so small I have trouble reading it, I'm sure the elderly can't read it, I've complained but to no avail
THe doctor will put on the prescription refills for one year, but when they are pain meds, they always say 0, because who's to say that the bottle is stolen or something with four refills. Someone has a nice stash there. So the druggist just calls the drs. office, gets the ok or already has the ok, but still marks it 0. That's how my husband's pain pills were taken care of, and they generally go by date also, in that you cannot refill until that 0 matches with the time for the refill. Like I said yesterday - you have to be your own advocate and you have to watch everything like the proverbial hawk. I did and I caught the lulu!!!! Coulda killed him. Edie