Old 02-05-2015, 04:18 AM
Gerbie

Many, many years ago I picked up a prescription for my Dad, and in a hurry to get the meds to him did not notice until I got home that the prescription label had someone else's name on the bottle. I immediately returned to the pharmacy and showed it to them, and the lady who worked there, said "Oh, I guess I just put the wrong meds in the wrong bottle!" I knew the answer because I knew her personally, but ask her anyway if she was the pharmacist and she said no, then I asked her and the pharmacist why she was filling the bottles and not him, well she helped. I was furious and told him, I expected him to be the one filling meds and not his help, who was not qualified - I just received a glaring look. We immediately changed pharmacies. Thank goodness I only take thyroid meds, but DH takes several meds. I always check labels for names and med name and what the pills look like before leaving the counter, and often call him to be sure what the name of the med is if I'm not sure, and if it is a new med. He is deathly allergic to penicillin and I have so many drug allergies. One can just not be too careful when it come to meds. When I rarely have to get a new prescription for myself I always check for ingredients- I have a rare for most allergy to ibuprophin and I check all meds and over the counter drug for that.