View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 AM
Edie

just finished doing my sewing area upstairs here and the basement downstairs - took me a month, but everything is in order, in place, all marked in boxes (plastic see thru (I totally do not trust me when it comes to cleaning). But I am done and is it ever a good feeling. And, I rewarded myself - I got two quilts done, have started on a third and I am as pleased as punch when I look for a Harbor Freight rotary cutter, I can go in my cupboard and there's a drawer that says "Rotary Cutters" - easy -peasy. Or I have box upon box of fabric less than 1/4 yd, more than 1/4 yd, Batik, Edie's next quilt, which have all the colors I am going to put into it. I am proud of myself. And what makes it so worth it, I CAN FIND ANYTHING I AM LOOKING FOR NOW!!!!!

And the best/worst part of all, I have my income tax done (that's good)- learned something - I guess filing widowed and filing single are the same thing and I ended having to pay Federal, (that's bad) but got money from state. My husband died in March 2013, so last year I could still file joint. This year I had to file single and I am going to end up close to $80 less a month because it wasn't changed correctly. So watch it very closely. I don't wish this on anyone, I ended up having to pay Federal $607.00. It's bad enough to lose your husband, but when the government takes the money he earned for me to live on, it does not make me a happy camper. There went my plans to fix the side of the yard so water wouldn't get into the basement. So now I have to save for another year. Be sure you check with your pension person or whoever to find out the best way to file exemption-wise FOR YOU! I have it fixed now, but the horse got out of the barn last year and it's too late to put him back. Well, from a clean house to a cleaned out wife, Happy New Year! Edie