Old 02-05-2015, 06:34 AM
Future Quilter

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I love your blocks - and I love crazy quilts. My sister bought an unfinished one for a dollar, cut it in quarters, bound it and gave me a quarter of it as a wall hanging. It does not hang evenly and I doubt if it is square - I don't really know what to do about that though. My chunk seems to be all silk but never got all of the embroidery work done. I keep thinking I should do some on it and maybe some day I'll ad some buttons and lace to it, too. Don't believe for a minute sashing should go on a crazy quilt - it distracts from the crazy - if your blocks are too much alike, shift them a quarter turn rather than sash them. The embroidery will serve somewhat as sashing anyway. If you want to add to your crazy quilt do something crazy like make a few blocks out of old silk neck ties to slip in randomly. You may also find some thing at a thrift store in silk that would lend itself to your quilt. It IS a crazy quilt so let your imagination roll.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508868[/ATTACH]
I have stuck this quilt in a bunch of threads, but it is my favorite. In a Crazy Quilt thread it should belong and fit in. LOL
Not a argument just a difference in opinion, I like them with and w/out sashing. No embelishments but the quilting is heavy in this one. To the OP I Like yours as well.