View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 09:10 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

When I do dishes, I get the water in the sink really hot. I use the microfiber rags. After washing the dishes, I wipe down the appliances at face value on one day. Before I sweep the floor, I start at the ceiling to knock any cobwebs down, then wipe the table and work my way to sweep the floor. I have a small kitchen but use a big mop and industrial squeeze bucket. I see no purpose in using a small sponge or small mop. I use a wet Swiffer on my kitchen cupboards to get rid of any dust. Bathroom is mostly ceramic walls. Scrubbing bubbles and a small mop in the shower/tub area are great. I spray everything down and the toilet starting with the tub/shower area. We have handheld shower. I hit the tub/shower with hot water then spray it after I've hit the sinks and toilet. by the time I get to the tub/shower, it only takes about 5 minutes then rinse. Then the floor. We have a tiny bathroom. So really only takes about 20 minutes. I have about 3 sf to mop. those are the worst areas. I clean the bedroom when I change sheets. One new set. So when it goes into the washer I just clean the bedroom (10x10). I have to do this because dog hair moves at lightning speed. Not going to talk about the office and sewing room. I try to pick up as I go. All in all I might spend 4 hours a month on my house. It's little. Yeah would like more space but really only need a 1/2 bath because invariably, we seem to need it at the same time. Throug the day we're good.