View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Sunflowerzz

Default Interesting 500A ROCKETEER

I came across a carry case I needed to complete my 500A, it was an original case and in great shape but dirty, an easy fix and I found it at Goodwill so the price was very low. It still had a Rocketeer in it too!.

Started my usual inspection and clean up on the machine. Here is the unusual thing. When I removed the top I noticed she had something my other Rocketeer didn't have. I pulled Rocki out of her case and compared them to be sure. Rocki is my first 500A and in my collection. Rocki is serial# NC375104

I named the new Rocketeer Balboa.. I know I know, LOL Can't help it.
Balboas' serial # is NC591818.

Balboa has what looks to be a fracture mold seam inside that Rocki doesn't have. It is not a nice straight seam but rather looks to be a fracture from the actual mold and they just kept making machines with it anyway. No trace of the fracture on the outside of the machine. I guess they didn't want to pay for a new mold.

I will just have to say that this makes Balboa a very unique and special girl. All in all my older machine Rocki appears to have been made ummm, more carefully. Balboa appears a little more rough around the edges with the metal work and paint job.

It does make me wonder how many molds they had, about quality control, and how many machines were MFG. with this unique seam. Has anyone else got this same fracture style seam?

1st pic is Rocki. 2nd pic is Balboa
Attached Thumbnails img_6165.jpg   img_6166.jpg   img_6167.jpg   img_6171.jpg   img_6164.jpg  

Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 02-05-2015 at 01:40 PM.