View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Edie

After my husband died March 2, 2013, I needed to do something and so I just started cleaning. When I was taking care of him, stuff had to go by the wayside because he was more important than a few dustbunnies. I needed that work in the house to realize that it was me that was going to have to take care of it from now on, scared the bejabbers out of me. BUt here it is almost two years later. I am doing fine for a 76 year old bag!!!!!. I don't say I have to do this before I do that, but when I diddly darn feel like it. Every thing gets done one way or the other. But when I just felt like sitting and sewing, that so took precedence over everything. Who's going to tell on us, the Dust Bunnies?????? They are darn lucky we just leave them alone!!!!! I am in the process of starting a new quilt and there is a lot of fussy cutting in it, but I love it and I am happy when I can do stuff like sewing. Good luck to you Linda1. We'll make it! For you it is February and for me it is March 2. I will take a rose to Fort Snelling National Cemetery in St. Paul/Minneapolis and visit him for a while. And then come home. He was such a good husband and absolutely gorgeous. I think he is proud that I have made it alone - but with the dog, and since October 2 two parakeets and now in April I am going to get a couple of Finches and put them in my sewing area, hang them from the ceiling.

Take care. God Bless you. Edie