Old 02-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Dina

You are doing research just right...mainly trying out machines and asking what others like. I did that five years ago, and the experience wore me out, but I ended up with the perfect machine for me. I wish I had slowed down and enjoyed the experience, but that just isn't my style. I also got lessons for one year and yearly maintenance for 5 years. I didn't know I was getting those, but I suspect, in hindsight, that I just didn't listen too well.

I had the added chore of buying the quietest machine I could so my sewing wouldn't interfere with my husband's amateur radios. He rigged up some sort of a sound measuring device...about the size of a tv remote...and I took it with me to three different dealers. Made it interesting, as none of the folks who waited on me had ever seen such a thing. I did buy the quietest machine though. (I did the same thing when I was searching for my last car...sort of. Another of our hobbies is flying radio control model airplanes. They have close to a six foot wing span, and one had to be able to fit in the back of the car. I took a paper model....with six foot wing span and 5 foot fuselage, again built by my husband...with me to car dealerships. I suspect I may have been the topic of many sales persons' break discussions! You know..."Did you see that lady with the (large paper airplane, sound measuring device....select one)"....)

Enjoy the hunt and your new machine.

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 02-05-2015 at 08:04 PM.