View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Anael

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
W4Me ... I am SO proud of you for taking the PC and W4Me-ing it to be all about YOU! You already know, that as you worked on it, how you helped others (yes, including me!) see Halloween themed quilts in a different light. That it's not all about bright orange and black, witches, ghosts and the like. That it can be achieved with subtlety, and in a well coordinated manner, not screaming at you. How clever for you to include your other love of cross-stitch. Perfect timing to find that pattern, then adapt it for your quilt, to use as the centre piece of your quilt.

We who followed your progress also benefited from your foresight as to how many colours can be "pulled" from one batik. It was amazing how that one sage constant seemed to change as you mixed and matched with other batiks, like a chameleon. The batiks present great seemingly calm movement, not rolling waves! And what a perfect choice to tie it together with the green sashings/borders to frame it up nicely, and pull together the sampler blocks well.

Congratulations! on a job well done!!!!!!!!!!
It's been a pleasure to be along with you for this journey. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
I think she said it all ! ! ! ! After all her English is better than mine

So now we're all waiting for your first Jane blocks ! !