View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Dina

Default The Mountain Mist Blue book of Quilts

One of my relatives found this cute old quilt book, The Mountain Mist Blue Book of Quilts, when he was sorting through boxes of family stuff and mailed it to me because my sister and I are the only quilters in the family.

It is an interesting little 48 page book, a step back in time, as it was published in 1956. A lot of the blocks I recognize...Lone Star, Grandmother's Flower Garden, Double Wedding Ring, Jacob's Ladder, Log Cabin, Irish Chain, Dresden Plate, Tumbling Blocks, and more. There are even more that I don't recognize.

The books isn't full of patterns, just pictures of quilts or blocks and what the pattern is called. Towards the back it says that Mountain Mist Patterns are not sold in stores because their publication is not a money-making venture, but a special service to the users of Mountain Mist Cotton.

Anyway, it is an interesting book, and I am enjoying looking at it. Talk about a blast from the past. This was before rotary cutters....and it just barely recognizes that machine piecing or quilting might be okay for a "really busy woman of the house"...because "every woman who loves her home, loves quilts."

Dina