Old 02-08-2015, 02:10 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

some of the pic's I post were taken with in an hour of removing machines from a old Mobil home. where they had sat since about 2002, in there cases. There are 15 clones so there enamel baked finish and no shellac, so there finish has survived nicely . but in the photo you can see they are soaken wet, some of the cases are rotten and all stink to hi heaven.

there were sitting on 70's shag carpet, one bare machine was on new paper, that machine was the worst of all, paper rusted to the metal.

The singers 50's vintage and shellac. these the shellac was wrinkling and turning to dust. dirty looking stuff. again the 50's machine by singer are also enamel baked, so the black is fine, but the metal was starting to rust.

by the time I took this photo a lot of the moister had evaporated around the spool pin is water. every machine on the floor and sitting up onto of cabinet but in fabric covered cases looked like this, machines in cabinets not enclosed were dry

machines in cases with loose tops were also wet. machines sitting open no case at all were dry. even ones in plastic cases were wet. but not as wet as the fabric covered cases.

as far as hot vs cold any machinery I can think of. hot climate fairs much better than machinery from a cold climate

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509355[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_0414.jpg