Old 02-08-2015, 03:45 PM
littlebitoheaven

Default "Sails in the Wind" quilt for my new great grandson

Just finished my quilt and it is the first one that I was working on in which I used my new PVC stand (to hold the quilt while FMQing). I love the stand. This quilt is approximately the size of a throw so not too big. The FMQing went very well and I actually enjoyed the process. Getting less and less afraid of making mistakes. Better to make a few mistakes than to not do anything. Well, anyway, this is my new credo.

The sail boats are appliqued on (partly raw edge and partly turned). While I was quilting it, I thought, "OMG, this quilt is way too heavy!" Between the applique and the starch it felt quite heavy. I washed it 3 times (couldn't get the paper out from under the stitching) and that helped the weight tremendously. I thought for a while that the baby would not be able to move under it. But it really is okay.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509368[/ATTACH]

I went back to look at my post and wonder if anyone else realized that my flags are blowing in the wrong direction. Yep. Didn't see it until now. Oh, well. Artistic license or something like that.
Attached Thumbnails cimg4461.jpg  

Last edited by littlebitoheaven; 02-08-2015 at 04:00 PM.