Thread: Stainglass
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 03:57 PM
nanac

I fell in love with this quilt the first time I saw it here on the Board. I spent WEEKS looking for this pattern. I tried ebay and amazon. I called Quakertown Quilts. I spent days trying to locate the designer (Sally Biggs Pate), and sent seversl letters to her, all without success. I saw a very similar quilt that was done by a quilting guild in California. They were able to point me in the direction of another lady who had fone this quilt. I begged her to sell the patterns to me, but she would not, because she thought she might make another one some day. At long last, I found another lead on the patterns. That lady would not sell them to me either, because of the copyright against selling them. But, bless her heart, she GAVE them to me, on two conditions - I do not give her real name, and I have to send a picture when I get mine completed. Both conditions are very do-able, and I am blessed with the complete set of patterns. I am now in the process of of collecting similar fabrics to make this as close as possible to the original.