Old 02-09-2015, 08:44 PM
quiltjoey

Oh, everyone, y'all are sending such beautiful swaps! I'm not sure I am up to par with your creativeness and expertise. I'm sorry, Linda, not realizing this was a secret swap, I shouldn't have posted the pics til you received the package! Duh! I have a lot to learn about the swaps but am loving doing them. I will get better….

I have been doing hand work and embroidery for many years. My Mother taught me the basics and I was in the local chapter of the Embroidery Guild of America where I learn even more. I love doing what is called "stump work" and fine detail work like thread painting and using silk duponi and silk thread. The ribbon work is very easy. It's just regular embroidery with a needle large enough for the ribbon to thread through the eye. The metallic is not as easy as it can be difficult to manipulate and some brands are easier than others like sewing with different threads. I presently have a project of Gold work to hope to finish some day.

I love quilting also but get off track with all the different things I like to do. Also, some of the meds I have been taking these past few months have made me kinda "loopy" and forgetful. I have never had to use a calendar or lists to remember things, now I have to write everything down!! Oh, old age is not so golden!!

I thought the little PC looked like a pink Valentine Card and felt it would be ok to send. Linda said she didn't mind it being stuffed with polyfil as she wasn't planning on using it daily.

I loved appliquéing the little blue and yellow heart on the NC. The heart stitch is programmed on my machine and I was looking for something to use other than the blanket stitch and thought it was perfect for it.

Don't you just love what everyone is making and sharing their talents with each other!! I have so much to learn from everyone. I just love the Quilting Board. It's better than any of the other boards or blogs I have visited.

I hope everyone stays warm with all the cold weather bearing down on the East Coast up North.
Sorry if this post is too verbose...

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!